This is a work in progress to building your own home gym in your garage or other rooms. More on this later, but for now…
Most Important Home Gym Equipment (By Priority IMHO):
- Kettlebells – 35 and 53 lbs are enough to start.
- Rings/pull up bar- versatile. I’d suggest a pull/up bar dip station hybrid from OneTwoFit.
- Barbell- Olympic
- Weights- Iron for most. Rubber also good idea, especially if you’re dropping weight.
- DIY Power Rack:
- this or
- Buff Dudes DIY Rack
- Or this
- Bench- flat is fine but get adjustable if you want to do iso work
- Dumbbells- get adjustable. It’s worth it.
- Conditioning machine – Bike/rower/sled
- Floor mats – horse stall mats suggested. DO NOT waste your hard earned money on foam mats.
- Leaf blower – because reasons.
How to Fix Slope in Your Garage
How to Build a DIY Plyometrix Box
Home Gym Start-Up Guide: Nomad Strength Podcast
This was an excellent and concise episode on the Nomad Strength Podcast regarding building your home gym.
What do you think?